Crispy Easter Eggs Recipe
Here’s a very special treat for spring and Easter. Crispy Easter Eggs are super easy and fun to make with kids. The perfect Easter treat!
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 5 Minutes SERVINGS: 12 Servings
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 package (10 Ounces) Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Small Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat, then add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray interior of the plastic eggs with non-stick cooking spray. If mixture is too sticky, you can also spray your hands.
- Fill both sides of the plastic egg with rice cereal mixture, slightly over-filling one side.
- Press chocolate egg in the center on one side of the egg, then close the plastic egg to shape it. (It should be full enough to meet with a little resistance as you close it.)
- Gently release the rice cereal egg from the mold, decorate with your choice of sprinkles and set aside in egg crate until set.